The „Metrology, Measurement Systems and Innovative Materials Research Center” - METROS integrates 21 young and experienced researchers from the Department of Electrical Measurements and Electrotechnical Materials, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, "Gheorghe Asachi" Technical University of Iasi , Romania.
The Center is also presented on the ERRIS platform of the Romanian Research Infrastructure, follow the link here.
The 26 research services, including over 70 state-of-the-art testing and control equipment, have allowed only the successful completion of 45 grants / research contracts won in national competitions over the last 5 years, 6 research contracts won in international competitions, amounting to more than three and a half million euros.
This Center has been recognized by the CNCSIS (National Council of Scientific Research in Higher Education) as Center of Excellence, having the Accreditation Certificate no. 6 EC / 12.10.2006.
This national recognition was confirmed by the ulterior achievements, synthetically here presented:
- 43 grants / research contracts won in national competitions in the last 5 years;
- 6 research contracts won in international competition (FP6 , bilateral cooperation ) also in the last 5 years;
about three and a half million euro actually received in the last five years for these grants and contracts;
The main research domains are:
- Methods and techniques for the characterization of bio and nano materials;
- Techniques and methods for monitoring the environmental parameters;
- Distributed systems for measurement and control;
- Research on measuring and reducing the electromagnetic pollution;
- Advanced techniques for determining the electro-chemical properties of materials;
Our laboratories have modern equipment; the value of investments done in the last three years in the modernization of research infrastructure exceeds the equivalent of 1 million euro.
We are deeply involved in developing new or already existing partnerships and scientific collaborations with universities , research institutes and companies from home and abroad.
Domains of activity:
- Electrical and Optical Engineering Facilities;
- Materials Synthesis or Testing Facilities;
- Environmental Management Infrastructures;
Copyright 2017 © Alexandru Sălceanu - All rights reserved